As this facility was originally establlished, which was then known as Albright park, It was named for a gentleman by the name of Jacob Albright (Albrecht). Jacob was born in 1759. In 1785 he maried Catherine (Cope). As it is understood, they were the parents of 9 children, of whom only 3 survived. Jacob was a humble farmer and tile maker, as well as a layman with no previous training in Christian Service, however he was a man whose heart the Lord had touched. Jacob had prayed that the Lord would send someone to preach to his spritually neglected Pennsylvania German neighbors. To help answer that prayer, in 1796 he saddled up his horse, and set out with his heart a flame to share the story of God's redeeming grace in Christ. This is referred to as the birth of the Evangelical Association, as it was first called. Jacob passed away in 1808.